Before You Hit Publish… Think. Infographic
How good could one content be if no one would ever see and read it? Do you feel sad when the ‘views’ rating on the page you have posted your content on is low? You do. And how else could we feel if so much efforts and enthusiasm didn’t even have a chance to get any kind of appreciation and even criticism.
Before you hit publish on your next blog post, make sure you’ve implemented these SEO techniques to optimise your post and make it visible to search engines, and thus your readers!
So what are the key advices?
- Use a keyword within the first 100 words of your blog;
- Use synonyms and similar keywords that relate to your main keywords within your post;
- Cross linking to relevant internal pages spreads authority across your site;
- Don’t stuff anchor text with too many keywords;
- Do link to relevant external web pages;
- As you add new blog posts, add links from your old posts to your new posts;
- Use relevant keywords in your URLs, but don’t over-saturate with keywords either;
- Keep your URLs short;
- Keep the file sizes of your images as small as possible;
- Add an ‘alt’ tag description for each image;
- Use relevant keywords in your image file names;
- Don’t skimp on the length! Posts should be at least 500 words long;
- Focus on quality – make sure you are writing for humans and not search engines;
- Keep your content unique – don’t copy and paste content from other sites;
- Use relevant, top-performing keywords that people search for in your blog posts;
- Include these keywords in the title of your blog and in the headings.