Email Marketing: Always Count On Responsiveness
People from Freshmail have put together a nice infographic about importance of responsiveness in email marketing. Should we always count on resposiveness in email marketing though? Let’s find out.
First of all, we have to remember that:
- 66% of mobile phone users are actually smartphone users;
- 78% of smartphone owners use it check their email;
- 53% of all emails are opened on smartphones;
That already is quite convincing, right? Some more stats suggest that:
- 28% of those with an email account use the iPhone mail application;
- 40% of e-commerce transactions are completed on mobile devices;
- 81% of e-commerce purchases made through smartphones are done spontaneously;
It would be great to see what is the actual share of iPhone users though, as well as the share of purchases made on smartphones to see how important is the second list of figures above. That’s basically it. We finished with the numbers. I would say, it was enough to say that we DO need to implement responsiveness in email templates we use for our campaign.
The second part of the infographic includes suggestions:
– Where is the break point;
– Which fonts are safe to use for responsive emails;
– How important are big buttons in emails;
– Why clickable elements should be prominent;
– Where we should place important things in the email;
– What should be the layout design of the email;
– What is the content’s logical layout;
– What is the proper width for email template;
– Which graphics to avoid;
– How to create a preheader;
And of course a call to action from the infographic creator team. Enjoy.